Travelling with a toddler can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a bit of a challenge. One of the most important things you can do to make your trip go smoothly is to have a pre-departure to-do list and a packing checklist. Don’t forget to bring a piece of cabin-size luggage to pack your toddler’s essentials for smoother air travel!
Here is the ultimate guide to packing for your next vacation with your toddler.
We have included bonus checklists for cold weather, tropical climate and beach vacations too!
Pre-departure To-do List
1. Check your passports and visas to ensure they are valid for the duration of your trip.
Tip: Always check the visa and Covid-19 travel requirements before booking your trip to avoid future headaches!
2. Make copies of your passports, visas, and other necessary documents, and store them safely.
3. Check the weather at your destination and pack accordingly.
4. Plan your itinerary and make any necessary reservations.
5. Ensure you have all necessary travel documents, such as flight tickets, hotel reservations, and rental car reservations.
Tip: It’s always a good idea to print hard copies of these documents!
6. Purchase travel insurance to protect yourself and your family in case of emergencies.
7. Notify your bank and credit card companies that you will travel to avoid any issues with your accounts.
8. Make arrangements for all important matters at home, such as pet care and parcel delivery.
Packing Checklist For Your Toddler
1. 1-2 outfits per day
Tip: It’s always good to pack more clothes in case of accidents!
2. Extra pairs of socks and underwear
Tip: Pack an extra pair of pyjamas or use the most comfortable outfit as sleepwear!
4. At least 1 light jacket or sweater
5. Swimwear for water activities
Additional checklist for cold weather:
Extra jacket or sweater